Dataloader Configuration: Overview
Dataloader plays an important role in data migration from source sandbox to destination sandbox. However, in this data migration process, the chances of duplicate records being created always exist. To avoid this, ARM has come up with a new feature that allows synchronizing data between the org with the help of ARM external ID. Now, the user can use data synchronization to connect source and destination on the objects for which data migration is required.
Creating a new Dataloader Configuration
- Log in to your ARM account.
- Hover your mouse over the DATALOADER module and select DATALOADER CONFIGURATION.
- Click on NEW CONFIGURATION.
- On the next screen, give the process a Name.
- Select the Source org and the Destination org.
- Click on LOGIN AND FETCH OBJECTS. This lists all the objects that are available in your source org.
- Select the Objects from the lists along with their respective Fields. You can use the search filter to find specific objects faster.
- Click SAVE to save and initiate the job later or SAVE AND RUN to save and run the job simultaneously.
- The Job Details section lists the objects you've opted for earlier, along with the unique field sets for each object. The number of successful or failed record IDs is updated; you can view the detailed destination record IDs using the Search () icon. You can even download the successful/failed record IDs in your local system using the Download () icon.
- EDIT: Allows users to modify the process details according to their requirements.
- DELETE: Deletes a process.
- CLONE: Creates a copy (clone) of the selected process.
- LOG: Provides information about the execution of a process.