Comment on page
Reset the Password
In general, you’ll only need to reset your password if you’ve forgotten it, but there are some instances when resetting your password can help protect the security of your account.
We recommend resetting your password in these cases:
- You notice something suspicious in your CodeScan account.
- You suspect someone you don't trust may have your password.
- We ask you to change your password.
If you have not requested to reset your password and you receive an email asking you to change it, it could be a case of phishing. Instead of clicking on a suspect link in an email, log into your account to reset your password there.
Follow these steps to reset your password:
- 3.Enter the
email addressyou used to create your CodeScan account.
Send Email, and an email will be sent to your address with recovery instructions.
- 5.Check your inbox for a password reset email.
- 6.Click on the
URLprovided in the email and enter a new password.
- New passwords must meet the following criteria:
- MUST contain at least 8 characters (10+ recommended)
- MUST contain at least one uppercase letter (A-Z)
- MUST contain at least one lowercase letter (a-z)
- MUST contain at least one number (0-9)
- MUST contain at least one special character (such as !, %, @, <, >, # and so on)
- MUST NOT contain an email address, first, middle or last name, or commonly used passwords
- MUST NOT be one of the 13 previously used passwords
No Email Received?
If you don't see the email in your inbox: