This article explains how to configure Single Sign-On (SSO) in AutoRABIT with Okta as your SAML 2.0 Identity Provider. When SSO is enabled, by default users and groups logging into AutoRABIT are redirected to the Okta login page. After successful authentication, they are redirected to the AutoRABIT Dashboard.
Add AutoRABIT Application to Okta
First, configure Okta to provide the sign-on information for the AutoRABIT environment.
To add the AutoRABIT application to Okta:
- Sign in to Okta. You must have the Applications Admin permission.
- If you don’t have an Okta organization, you can create a free Okta Developer Edition organization here: https://developer.okta.com/signup/
- Navigate to the Admin dashboard.
- From the main menu, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click on Create App Integration.
- In the next auto-populated dialog box, select the second option i.e., SAML 2.0, and click on Next.
- In the General Settings, enter "AutoRABIT" in the App name field, upload the AutoRABIT logo and click on the Next button.
- In the Configure SAML tab, do the following:
- Single sign on URL: Enter the URL in the following format: <instanceURL>/saml/SSO. For example, if your instance is https://pilot.autorabit.com/, then the payload URL would be: https://pilot.autorabit.com/saml/SSO
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID): Enter the URL in the following format: <instanceURL>/saml/metadata
- On the same screen, in the Attribute Statements (optional) panel, configure the following:
Name Value user.email
- Click Next to continue.
- Under the Feedback section, select the option: I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app and click the checkbox next to the text "This is an internal application that we created", and click on the Finish button.
- Navigate your mouse to the Assignment tab, click Assign > Assign to People.
- Next, select the listed users and click on Assign.
- After you assign the user, click on Save and Go Back and then click Done.
- Go to the Sign On tab and click on Identity Provider Metadata.
- This will open up a new tab with some data. You must save this data in XML format on your own system. When you press CTRL + S, the data is downloaded in XML format.
- You can also use the Identity Provider metadata URL link and use it to configure SSO with AutoRABIT instead of downloading the metadata XML file. To do so, right-click on the Identity Provider metadata and choose the Copy link address from the list.
- Now, login into your AutoRABIT account.
- Hover your mouse over the Admin module and select the option: My Account
- On the My Account page, go to the 3rd section: SSO Configuration
- Browse for the metadata XML file that you have downloaded previously in your local machine and upload them.
- SML configuration for OKTA is successfully configured in AutoRABIT. Now, the user can log in to AutoRABIT using OKTA. To do so, first sign out from your current AutoRABIT account.
- On your login screen, click on the Single Sign On button.
- Enter your company's domain name. Click Go.
- This concludes SSO configuration with the AutoRABIT.
- So, from your Okta dashboard page, you can now log in to the AutoRABIT application directly.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500