User management involves defining and managing users, roles, and access levels in a system. The administrator is usually the person responsible for carrying out and/or coordinating these tasks. A typical user management implementation involves a wide range of functionality such as adding/deleting users, managing roles, resetting passwords, or activating/deactivating user accounts. For each user, the administrator can assign corresponding privileges that allow users to have different levels of access and control of the account.
Navigating to the User Management module
Administrators on the AutoRABIT platform can invite users to their corporate accounts.
To do this, log in to your AutoRABIT account and click on the Gear () icon at the top right of the screen. Select User Management, then, choose the app from the list to manage the User Management page.
Inviting a new user to your organization
- On the User Management screen, select + Invite User.
- Enter the email address of the new user you want to invite. The email address you send the invite to will also be the user's login email address.
- Click Invite.
- Once the invitation is sent, the invited user must accept the invitation by clicking on the confirmation link sent to their email.
- The invited user can now log in to the AutoRABIT account using their account credentials. If the user doesn’t have an existing account, they must sign-up.
Adding multiple users from a CSV file
Before users on your team can sign in and use the AutoRABIT application (for example, ARM, Vault, or Record Migrator), they need a user account. If you have many new users, you can add their accounts all at once from a spreadsheet.
- On the User Management screen, select Upload Users.
- Go to the location on your computer and attach the CSV file.
- If there's an error, enter the missing information in your spreadsheet and upload the file again.
- Click Invite.
- Once the invitation is sent, invited users must accept the invitation by clicking on the confirmation link sent to their email.
- The invited user can now log in to the AutoRABIT application using their account credentials. If the user doesn’t have an existing account, they must sign-up.
In addition, on the User Management page, you’ll see the list of users already registered with the AutoRABIT account. If the account is no longer in use, you can deactivate it to disable login, reactivate it in the future, or delete it permanently.
Also, now you'll be able to see the user's details (username, email address, contact information, etc) by navigating to the View Details screen.
Editing a user account
After you’ve created a user, you can change most of their information and permissions. While you can't edit the Email Address and Org name associated with a user, you can change the remaining fields.