Standard backup solutions neglect knowledge articles, chatter feeds, metadata, and file attachments, which are crucial for the whole Salesforce experience.
Vault is an enterprise backup and recovery solution from AutoRABIT designed for Salesforce and built for customers seeking comprehensive data protection. Vault for Salesforce data security automatically performs backups for two kinds of structures:
- Data: Backup data in Salesforce is for records such as accounts, opportunities, contracts, leads, and cases. It also backs up Chatter, files, custom object records, and content.
- Metadata: Salesforce metadata backup refers to custom code like Apex and Visualforce and configuration settings like dashboards, reports, page layouts, and custom fields.
Vault suits the Salesforce environment and is built for our customers to protect their valuable data. Some features of our Salesforce backup tool include:
- Dependable backups: You can use Vault to back up your important content and recover it if the original file is compromised. Salesforce backup and recovery allows you to maintain the complete experience of Salesforce by preserving file attachments, knowledge feeds, and more.
- Built-in archival: Vault’s archival capabilities reduce storage costs for a more cost-effective solution. The archive tool is based on our scalable enterprise cloud infrastructure.
- Metadata Mastery™: Using Metadata Mastery™ with the AutoRABIT platform allows your company to back up and recover your Salesforce environment completely. This tool prevents Salesforce data loss by including metadata in its backups.
Reasons to Back Up Your Data From Salesforce
Your organization may experience several scenarios resulting in a Salesforce data loss. A backup of your data and metadata sets is essential to recovery. Some reasons your company would need a Salesforce backup can include the following:
- Analyzing data off the platform: Backups deliver a copy of your Salesforce data outside the platform. Your organization can use this copy to run a thorough analysis using tools not included in the Salesforce dashboard.
- Reducing the risk of bulk data imports and updates: Salesforce includes tools such as Data Loader to instantly import and update thousands of records. If completed incorrectly, this action can accidentally remove or alter these records, which would be cumbersome to correct manually. Your organization could use the Salesforce backup to repopulate the platform with the correct data.
- Undoing an error: Your employees may accidentally edit or delete values in Salesforce or change workflows and APEX script deployments. Your system may not recognize these errors immediately, but AutoRABIT Vault can undo this critical error and migrate the correct data back to Salesforce.
Benefits of Salesforce Data Backup Service
With the thousands of changes made in the Salesforce database daily, regular and reliable backups are critical for the Salesforce environment. The advantages of Salesforce backup and restore include the following:
- Restore lost data: Rogue automation, user error, and mass data editing can accidentally delete or overwrite critical data. You can restore your backup files to save your data and metadata with Vault. You can also send this data back to your Salesforce orgs.
- Enhance data protection: The automated backup schedule improves data security by regularly saving data off-platform. Your company will have reliable backup data sets to rely on if the original source is compromised.
- Save version data: With Salesforce data backup and restore from Vault, your organization won’t need to keep track of data changes or find them in exported files. You can save only the newest changes instead of the entire file, which protects the bulk of your data sets.
- Detect and prevent data errors: Vault capabilities, such as Compare, identify problems in the data and metadata structures, so you can verify that the most recent data is saved and protected.
- Comply with industry regulations: Our Salesforce data recovery manager allows your company to meet policy requirements for IT governance without sacrificing your data restoration needs. You can meet compliance regulations while backing up and recovering data at your ideal frequency.
- Eliminate manual backup: Manual efforts to back up Salesforce data and metadata can be lengthy. Automatic backup from Vault eliminates the need to manage the backup process by completing it automatically.