To compare two backup activities of a Salesforce org or to compare one of the back-ups with live data in Salesforce, do the following:
- Login to your Vault account.
- Click COMPARE.
- On the Compare screen, select the desired Salesforce org and the Configurations of your choice and click on GET DETAILS.
- Select one backup from the list to compare the backup data with live data from Salesforce org or,
- Select two backup activities to compare them and show the metadata and data difference results.
- Click COMPARE or LIVE COMPARISON based on the backup selection.
- On the next screen, view the metadata/data comparisons between two backups. Use the Search filter option to find any specific record.
- Click on the individual object to view the detailed line-level comparison report between two backups.
- You can filter the comparison report based on the record types i.e., whether the records were modified, deleted or no changes happened to date.
- You can even search for specific columns and text to filter and view the comparison record faster.
- Select the Report you want to compare, then click on TRIGGER RESTORE.
- Please follow the instructions as mentioned in the Compare checklist as shown below.
- Click GOT IT after you've gone through the checklist and to close the popup screen.