New Cloud Features
- Salesforce Project Branch Types: when adding a sandbox to your Salesforce project as a branch, you are now able to specify the type of branch you would like to add (Long or Short). Find out more here about branches here.
New Metadata Rules
- BETA metadata ruleset added: our beta metadata ruleset has been added to this release. Currently, you will find rules covering security settings, custom fields, permissions, and record type ID's. This edition also includes a setting to define the metadata types to be downloaded. Find out more here for CodeScan Cloud and here for a Self Hosted package.xml file.
New Apex Rules
- Aura Controller Naming: Aura Controllers should adhere to certain naming conventions. Only classes linked to a page as a controller or extension are considered.
- Track Usage of @SuppressWarnings: overuse of the @SupressWarnings annotation can mean issues in your code are not picked up. This rule flags each usage to make sure it is needed.
- Track Usage of //NOSONAR: overuse of the //NOSONAR rule suppression can mean issues in your code are not picked up. This rule flags each usage to make sure it is needed.
- Static can not be used in Inner Class (v4.4.5): Static can only be used on fields, properties, and methods of top-level classes only.
- Avoid using Tab Characters Check (v4.4.5): Checks that there are no tab characters ('\t') in the source code.
New Visualforce Rules
- Avoid using Tab Characters Check (v4.4.5): checks that there are no tab characters ('\t') in the source code.
- Field Level Security now specifies the field it is failing on.
- Old Page API Version now specifies the API version in the message (v4.4.4).
- Metadata parsing was improved to fix memory errors caused by larger types (v4.4.5).
- Excessive Method Length no longer counts comments as lines.
- Use Singleton now ignores Aura controllers.
- NPath Complexity now calculates correctly around ternary statements.
- False-positive fixed in Unnecessary Boolean Assertion.
- Avoid Public Fields now ignores Aura fields.
- False positive fixed in InlineStyleAttributesCheck for lightning:formattedNumber tag (v4.4.4).
- Field Level Security no longer detects WITH_SECURITY_ENFORCED (v4.4.4).
- Edge cases of DML parsing fixed (v4.4.4).
- Edge cases of Copado parsing fixed (v4.4.4).
- Classes extending nested classes parsing fixed (v4.4.4).
- General Parser fixes and improvements (v4.4.4).
- InsecureEndpointRule throws StackOverflowError while analyzing the attached Apex class (v4.4.5).
- Parsing error caused by using "Sharing" as Enum name fixed (v4.4.5).
- Error caused by custom fields in SFDX projects fixed (v4.4.6).